After you've updated your business information, your updates will be spread through dozens of third-party sites across the web. To check the progress, simply go to "Listings" on the left-hand side of your tool bar.
This will take you to the Listings page where you can see all the different sites that have been/are being updates. For a first-time update (the first time you enter your new business information) it can take a couple of days to sync. Most will be quicker, but if there are some sites that have not updated after a week, feel free to get in touch with support.
After you've pushed your information the first time, any other updates will post even quicker. Most of the sites are updated within the hour. Some can take a little bit longer but if they are any not updated within 24 hours, feel free to get in touch with us.
Across the top of the listings, you'll see four different statuses— "All Listings", "Live Listings," "Processing," and "Unavailable."
All Listings: All listings refers to the total amount of sites where your business information will be listed.
Live Listings: This refers to the listings that have received and published your information.
Processing: Processing is the status reflected between the time when you click save and the time that the information is posted to the third-party site.
Unavailable: There are a number of reasons why a listing could be marked as "Unavailable." The quickest way to find out is to click the name of the listing that is marked as "Unavailable." When you select the listing in question, you can view the reason for unavailability by clicking "Why?"
Here are some possible reasons as to why a listing might me marked as "unavailable," as provided by Yext, the technical partnership that helps power Clover Online Listings:
- Bing Error: Previously Verified (Bing has indicated to us that they cannot provide a Yext listing for this location because it is already controlled by another source. In this situation, we cannot manage the listing.)
- Citysearch Error: Citysearch has indicated to us that they cannot provide a Yext listing for this location because it is already part of their paid advertiser network. We will not be able to provide a listing in this situation.
- Facebook: "No page" (Facebook does not have a places page for your location. As such, we are unable to provide you with a Yext listing for this location. In this situation, you can go through the syncing process and allow us to create a Facebook page for your business.)
- Facebook: Password has changed (Facebook does not recognize the authentication token for the user linked to this account. This may be because the user changed the password since the time the session was created or Facebook has changed the session for security reasons. Please try to relink your Facebook account under Account Settings/Linked Accounts. Most of the time relinking the account will remedy this issue.)
- Facebook: Linked user is not a page manager. (The user associated with this account does not have permission to grant us access to the listing page. In this situation, you must figure out which e-mail address is associated as a manager of your Facebook page and relink the Facebook through your Yext account using this e-mail address.)
- Facebook: No cover photo or profile photo (Yext requires a Cover Photo and a Profile Picture to sync with Facebook. Please provide them in your location profile.)
- Facebook: City not accepted (Facebook did not accept the city you provided. Please try using a different city in your state. Most of the time, you can figure out the proper city through USPS.)
- Foursquare Error: Missing an offer. Foursquare requires that all Special Offers include some kind of deal, discount, or coupon. Since your Featured Message is not a deal, discount, or coupon, we are unable to display it on your Foursquare Yext listing. To remedy this, please see this article where you can find details on how to add a Featured Message
- Foursquare Error: No Foursquare Category. Foursquare does not have a category available for your type of business, and as such, we are unable to create your listing on Foursquare. For a complete list of categories available on foursquare, see: http://aboutfoursquare.com/foursquare-categories/. If you're able to find a suitable category, we can add that for you manually to get the listing live. Contact email@example.com for assistance.
- Foursquare Error: Not Connected. Your business content is synced with the listing but you are unable to post to the listing. Please link an account in order to post to this page.
- Yahoo Error: This listing has already been added (Yahoo has indicated to us that they cannot provide a Yext listing for this location because it is already a paid advertiser on their website. We will not be able to provide a listing in this situation.)
- Yahoo Error: phone is INVALID or phone is MISSING (The phone number for this listing is toll-free, and Yahoo requires you provide a local numbers to add a Yext listing. See article at the bottom of this page for instructions on how to remedy this.)
These listings are not technically 'unavailable,' as we can make updates, but they will read 'unavailable' in the account.
- Superpages Error: SuperPages has indicated to us that you have already claimed your listings on their site or are already a paid advertiser directly with them. Yext will be able to add some of your content automatically but to edit the rest of your information please log into your SuperMedia account. In this situation, we will not be able to fully manage the listing, and it will remain unavailable in your account.